Thursday, April 23, 2009

What an ego.....

We have seen over 45,000 signatures turn in the hope of recalling sitting Mayor Carty Finkbeiner. The response? ""The day I turn Toledo over to a group of self-interested malcontents from outside of Toledo will be a cold day in a warm place." So I guess those of us who sign the petitions are malcontents and live outside of Toledo. That's weird, I look up and down my street everyday and I'm positive by the trash that I live in Toledo.

Where does this kind of arrogance come from? The man has done a horrible job and the people have the right to throw him out of office if they wish. I think it's pretty obvious that the people wish it. "Well, 45,000 is not 300,000." You're right, it's not. However, how many of the 300,000 showed up to vote for Carty? How many showed up to vote at all?

Mr. Mayor, the time has come to show respect to the citizens and step down but I'm afraid your oversize ego wouldn't let you.

No comments:

Post a Comment